Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The month of merriment

Well Christmas has been and gone. It was a mad rush leading up to it, as always, with dance recitals, end of year gatherings and presents to be made and purchased. I felt slightly more in control of things this year, but there was still the last minute crazy frenzy of finding gifts and organising meal menus.

We had a wonderful time with friends and family and are now looking forward to a few weeks of fun and relaxation to recover!

Here are a few highlights of our Christmas Day:



 




Some of the carnage while two of them are engrossed in a favourite gift







Dancing Queen





Some crochet samples I've done from my new crochet book, Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs by Edie Eckman

 



Eddie taking advantage of a basket I just cleared out to use for my crochet!


A birdcage 'skirt' I made today to try and decrease the amount of seed mess that gets tossed around the place by the naughty little budgies.



My kitchen windowsill

The sunset last night (from my living room window)

Edited to add: I completely forgot to add pictures of all the gorgeous handmade Christmas ornaments we now have. Many of these are from swaps from this year and last year, and all the rest I made.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment - I love reading them!