Thursday, January 5, 2012

January's Mission

Right, I have made a snap decision (not unusual for me) that this month I am going to make a patchwork quilt/duvet cover out of materials sourced solely from secondhand stores. I love vintage fabrics like old sheets from the 70's, but they are like hen's teeth these days (oh dear, I sound rather old!) so I'm going to find some fabrics that I like in whatever form I can find them in and I'm going to make something new from them. Recycling and reusing.

I'm halfway through a duvet cover for one of my girls, but I realised that despite working from stash, I'm not in love with most of the fabrics. I'll finish it and one of the girls will be happy, but I'd prefer to make something I really like and feel proud of.



I'm in a bit of a funk at the moment, so hopefully this small challenge will help to get some neurons firing.

3 comments:

  1. You have been getting inspired by Retro Mummy's blog too haven't you? I have gone quilt mad lately and have heaps of plans for different ones I can make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Yes I have Rachael! I love her blog - so many beautiful things to see and try and emulate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for quilts, Love your idea about using all uncycled fabrics :D I can't seem to get past making the tops, the quilting part still scares me. I think duvet covers is the answer. Also I'm not completely happy with my fabric choices either :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment - I love reading them!